Martin Baltimore V
The Baltimore V was the final version of the aircraft to be produced, and differed from the earlier versions in using more powerful Wright R-2600-29 Cyclone engines. A number of these aircraft also replaced the four .303in fixed machine guns in the wings with .50in Browning guns. 600 Baltimore Vs were built in response to a British order of July 1942, and production lasted from December 1942 until May 1944. Like the Baltimore IV this version was given the USAAF designation A-30A but never entered American service.
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (2 September 2008), Martin Baltimore V , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_martin_baltimore_V.html