The Lockheed C-37 was a single example of the Lockheed 10-A Electra that served with the National Guard Bureau.
The C-37 was ordered soon after the Y1C-36, and was a similar aircraft, powered by two Pratt & Whitney R-985-13 engines, had a crew of two and room for ten passengers. It was a standard Electra, with tapered low mounted cantilevered wings, a high mounted tail with twin vertical control surfaces and large cabin windows.
The sole aircraft was ordered as the Y1C-37. It later became the C-37 and finally the UC-37-LO. It was used by the National Guard Bureau, serving as the Chief of the Bureau’s staff transport. The C-37 was the first multi-engine aircraft used by the National Guard.
The C-37 was sold after the end of the Second World War, and was lost in a crash in Honduras in January 1947.
Engines: Two Pratt & Whitney R-985-13 Wasp Jrs
Power: 450hp each
Wing span: 55ft
Length: 38ft 7in
Height: 10ft 1in
Empty weight: 6,454lb
Loaded weight: 10,300lb
Maximum speed: 202mph at 5,000ft
Cruising speed: 190mph
Service ceiling: 19,400ft
Normal range: 810 miles