The Martin B-26C Marauder was the designation given to those B-26s built at Martin's factory in Omaha, Nebraska. These aircraft were similar to the B-26B, although production began at different times meaning that the block numbers didn't match up. A total of 1,210 B-26Cs were completed at Omaha, starting in late 1942 and ending when the factory moved over to production of the Boeing B-29 Superfortress.
All B-26Cs had the long wings and tall tail fin and rudder introduced on the B-26B-10. Production began with the B-26C-5, of which three were accepted in August 1942, becoming the first long-winged Marauders to reach the Air Force.
The C-5 had the long wing and large tail of the B-10, but retained the waist gun positions of earlier aircraft. The C-10 was the equivalent of the B-20, with a new power-operated Martin-Bell rear turret and the C-45 was the equivalent of the B-55, with the fixed forward firing nose gun removed.
One hundred B-26C-30s were produced for the RAF, where they were known as the Marauder II.
The 1,210st and last B-26C-45 was produced in April 1944, and the Omaha factory then moved on to produce the B-29 Superfortress.
Engine: Two Pratt & Whitney R-2800-43 Double Wasp radial engines
Power: 1,920hp at sea level
Wing span: 71ft
Maximum take-off weight: 38,200lb
Max Speed: 282mph at 10,000ft
Cruising Speed: 214mph
Service Ceiling: 21,700ft
Combat Range: 1,150 miles
Armament: Twelve .50in machine guns