Truce of Andrusovo, 30 January 1667
The Truce of Andrusovo ended the Thirteen Years War (1654-67) between Muscovy and Poland-Lithuania. The truce was originally to last for thirteen and a half years. The Ukraine was partitioned between Muscovy and Poland-Lithuania. The dividing line was the Dnieper River, with Muscovy getting the left bank and Poland-Lithuania retaining the right bank. Kiev, on the right bank, was to be held by Muscovy for two years and then returned to Poland-Lithuania, but the city was retained by Russia, and when the truce became a permanent peace in 1686 Russia retained Kiev. Muscovy also finally regained Smolensk, Chernihiv and parts of Witebsk, areas lost during the Russian Time of Troubles (1604-1613).
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (26 July 2007), Truce of Andrusovo, 30 January 1667 , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/truce_andrusovo.html
Contact Us -
About Us -
Subscribe in a reader