The 471st Bombardment Group was a home based training unit that was active from May 1943 to April 1944. The group was activated on 1 May 1943 and was equipped with the B-24. It was a replacement training unit in the Second Air Force from May 1943 to January 1944 and then in the First Air Force from January 1944 until it was disbanded on 10 April 1944.
1943-44: Consolidated B-24 Liberator
|22 April 1943||Constituted as 471st Bombardment Group (Heavy)|
|1 May 1943||Activated and assigned to Second Air Force|
|January 1944||To First Air Force|
|10 April 1944||Disbanded|
Lt Col Raymond L
Cobb: 1 Jun 1943
Lt Col Wilson H Banks: 16 Oct 1943-unkn.
Alexandria, La: 1 May 1943
Pueblo AAB, Colo: 7 May 1943
Westover Field, Mass: 28 Jan-10 Apr 1944
804th Bombardment Squadron: 1943-1944.
805th Bombardment Squadron: 1943-1944.
806th Bombardment Squadron: 1943-1944.
807th Bombardment Squadron: 1943-1944.
May 1943-January 1944: Second Air Force
January-April 1944: First Air Force