Allied railway bridge over the Rhine at Wesel
Here we see the first permanent bridge across the Rhine built by the Allies in 1945. This bridge crossed the Rhine next to the old Wesel bridge, and was built by the 371st Enginner Construction Battalion. The bridge was completed on 8 April and opened to regular traffic on 9 April when 5o car long supply trains began to cross the bridge.
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (28 February 2020), Allied railway bridge over the Rhine at Wesel , http://www.historyofwar.org/Pictures/pictures_allied_railway_bridge_wesel.html