The Martin B-26G was the final production version of the Marauder bomber and was part of an effort to increase the number of parts that Army and Navy aircraft had in common. This was done by replaced some of the AAF equipment used in earlier models with new universal AN (Army Navy) versions. The B-26G also had a larger life raft compartment.
A total of 893 B-26Gs were built, of which 75 G-11s and 75 G-21s went to the RAF, where they were known as the Marauder III (as was the B-26F). Another 57 unarmed aircraft were produced as the TB-26G, bringing total production of the model G to 950 (32 of these went to the Navy where they were known as the Martin JM-2). The last Marauder was finished at Baltimore on 30 March 1944.
The B-26G carried eleven 0.50in machine guns – four in the fixed forward firing gun packs on the side of the fuselage, two in the dorsal turret, two guns in the tail turret, two in the waist positions and one flexibly mounted gun in the nose.
Engine: Two Pratt & Whitney R-2800-43 Double Wasp radial piston engines
Power: 1,920hp each
Wing span: 71ft
Length: 56ft 1in
Height: 20ft 4in
Empty Weight: 25,300lb
Maximum take-off weight: 38,200lb
Max Speed: 283mph at 5,000ft
Cruising Speed: 216mph
Service Ceiling: 19,800ft
Range: 1,100 miles
Armament: Eleven 0.50in machine guns