The Douglas OD-1 was the designation given to two O-2C observation aircraft that were ordered by the US Navy. The OD-1 was a conventional biplane, powered by a Liberty engine and with un-staggered equal span wings. The two OD-1s were used by the US Marine Corps from 1929, initially as observation aircraft, before being transferred to squadron VJ-7, where they served as utility aircraft.
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (25 April 2013), Douglas OD-1 , http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/weapons_douglas_OD-1.html