The first siege of Livron (June 1574) was an unsuccessful Catholic attempt to capture the small Huguenot-held town that took place in the gap between the Fourth and Fifth Wars of Religion.
Livron was a small town located on the northern bank of the Drôme, close to that river's confluence with the Rhône and only ten miles south of the Episcopal city of Valence. A large number of Huguenots took refuge in the town, where they were led by the veteran Huguenot leader Montbrun. Under his command the fortifications of the town were improved.
The first siege was commanded by François de Bourbon, Prince Dauphin d'Auvergne, the eldest son of the Duke of Bourbon-Montpensier. Prince Dauphin began this siege on 23 June, but it was short-lived. The Huguenots sallied from the town, spiked one of his few cannons, and forced Dauphin to raise the siege a few days after it began.
Livron was besieged again, from 17 December 1574-24 January 1575, but despite the presence of Henry III this second siege was no more successful than the first.