Aircraft - Locations - Group and Duty - Books
No.354 Squadron was an anti-submarine and anti-shipping squadron that served in the Far East from its formation in 1943 until it was disbanded in May 1945.
The squadron was formed at Karachi on 10 May 1943, but without aircraft. Its personnel were attached to No.320 Maintenance Unit while they waited for their aircraft. These finally arrived in late August when the squadron received Liberators.
One month later, on 22 September 1943, the squadron flew its first anti-submarine patrol. It continued to perform this role until being disbanded. In December 1943 a second role was added, when the squadron began to attack Japanese shipping operating along the Burmese coast. This duty also continued until the squadron was disbanded. This took place on 18 May 1945.
December 1943-April 1944: Consolidated Liberator IIIA
August 1943-May 1944: Consolidated Liberator V
February 1944-May 1945: Consolidated Liberator VI
May-August 1943: Drigh Road
August 1943-October 1944: Cuttack
October 1944-January 1945: Minneriya
January-May 1945: Cuttack
Squadron Codes: T, V, P
September-December 1943: Anti-submarine patrols
December 1943-May 1945: Anti-submarine patrols and anti-shipping strikes
1 July 1944: No.225 Group; Air Command South-East Asia