The Turkish cruiser Hamidieh was built by the Armstrong shipbuilders of Newcastle, and was launched in 1903. She was armed with two 6in quick firing guns (one visible under the awning to the left, one just visible to the right) and eight 4.7in guns (the gun positions are just visible along the side of the ship, showing up as rectangular gaps). She was commissioned as Abdul Hamid, then renamed in 1908.
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (28 September 2007), Hamidieh, http://www.historyofwar.org/Pictures_hamidieh.html