The Morane-Saulnier M.S.50 was a parasol-wing primary trainer produced in 1924, and that differed from the earlier M.S.35 in having an improved wing. It wasn't ordered by the French military, but did sell to Finland in small numbers. The M.S.50 first appeared in 1924, and had a straight parasol wing with rounded tips and an improved aerodynamic profile. The M.S.50C was powered by a 120hp Salmson 9Ac radial engine. Six aircraft were sold to Finland in 1925, and remained in service until 1932. At first they had the serial numbers 2G6 to 2G11, later changed to M.S.51 to M.S.56. Two variants were produced - the M.S.51 with an inline engine and the M.S.53 with swept back wings. The M.S.53 was then developed into the M.S.129, which was produced in small numbers and then into the M.S.130, which was ordered by the French armed services.
Engine: Salmson 9Ac radial engine
Wing span: 38ft 4 3/4in
Max Speed: 104mph
||Save this on Delicious|
Help - F.A.Q. - Contact Us - Search - Recent - About Us - Subscribe in a reader
|Subscribe to History of War|
|Browse Archives at groups.google.co.uk|