Madang, New Guinea

This view shows the port of Madang, the commerical centre of German Kaiser Wilhelm Land, when it was known as Friedrich-Wilhelmshafen. Madang was occupied by the Japanese in 1942 without a fight, but it took the Allies until the spring of 1944 to liberate the town.

How to cite this article: Rickard, J (21 November 2008), Madang, New Guinea , http://www.historyofwar.org/Pictures/pictures_madang,html

Help - F.A.Q. - Contact Us - Search - Recent - About Us -  Subscribe in a reader - Join our Google Group - Cookies