Side view of HMS Howe
Here we see the King George V class battleship HMS Howe, the last member of the class to be commissioned, in June 1942. This view shows the two forward turrets - the four gun forward turret and the twin gun superfiring behind, which replaced an earlier plan for a second four gun turret to save weight and allow more armour to be installed. In the background we see the superstructure of another warship, and what might be the funnels of a merchant ship of some sort.
How to cite this article:
Rickard, J (13 October 2018), Side view of HMS Howe , http://www.historyofwar.org/Pictures/pictures_hms_howe_side.html